*Pets Corner is a column I write for pet owners that is published monthly in the Old South News, a newsletter in London, Ontario.
Pets Corner – March 2018
Many people find themselves bringing home a new furry family member in the springtime. This month, I have some tips about puppies and kittens for you!
- Educate yourself about the costs of pet ownership. Pets can be expensive, especially in their first year of life.
- Consider how you’ll pay for medical emergencies, and look into pet insurance. It saves lives!
- Research veterinary care. Establishing a good relationship with your veterinarian is so important for your pet’s health! Take the time to find someone worthy of your pet – and your business.
- If you’re welcoming a puppy, make sure the energy requirements and lifestyle habits of the breed (or combination of breeds) match your own.
- Puppies and kittens are easily trained with treats and praise. Start teaching them early that training comes with rewards.
Baby animals grow so fast – don’t forget to take lots of photos! See you next month!